Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Laundry Business in the Philippines

It was the  year 2003 when this booming business got my attention. I attended a laundry business seminar which was conducted by Electrolux. They were selling second hand washers- washcator, and a 75kgs tumble dryer, but they also offer brand new units. They lectured on the factors affecting a laundry, the types of laundry business, the machines, marketing and promoting your business, business registration, financial aspects and a lot of things.

I was certain that there is more to learn at that seminar but due to time constraints not all of my questions were answered. Nonetheless, it was very informative.


Unfortunately, my attention was diverted to supplies related to laundry. I started soap making in 2006. Most of my customers are shop owners with Top Load washers. They liked my product a lot as it was so bubbly and i was just selling it for 25php a kilo. In pursuit of a better and high performance soap, i did some research and discovered that i was doing my soap all wrong. I should be producing a low suds soap.

Immediately after learning how soap should be done, i stopped making low quality, bubbly detergent. I removed ingredients that harm the water system. I started making quality low suds, high efficiency detergent.
I tried educating my customers about the advantages of using a High Efficiency (HE) detergent. Some of them would insists the bubbly one's perhaps it is cheaper. I would just tell them to buy elsewhere, however, those who bought my HE detergent are convinced that up to this time they remained a faithful customer.

We are in the business of serving other people, quality above all. A happy customer would eventually convert to a better sales.

At present, my soap is known as "OXY SOAP" short for oxygenated soap. Yes, it uses oxygen to clean your clothes. My customers loved the idea of an oxygen cleaning your clothes. It does not require the use of Clorox.

In 2008, i opened up my own shop. All my machines are front load. I also started conducting my own laundry seminar after a year. Being a soap formulator i was able to educate shop owners of using the right detergent and of course the right machine.

I am biased when it comes to machines. I  recommend Front Load because of the many advantages it offers.
In my upcoming posts i will discussed its advantages.


At present, i am hopeful that shop owners would work together and elevate the standards in pricing. Most of the prices are peg at 25php per kilo. It is high time to level up the rates. Anyway, this would fall in my wishlist.

Watch out for my next posts. I have inline the following topics:
  • How to make your own Job Order Form
  • Laundry Procedures
  • Laundry Necessities
  • Stain Removal
  • Online Seminar - for FREE
  • How to formulate your own Fabric Conditioner
  • DIY Finishing Spray

4 comments:

  1. Hi,A complex form of business organization, a corporation is comprised of three groups of people: shareholders, directors and officers. A corporation can own assets, borrow money and perform business functions for Registered Agents in Qatar without directly involving the owner or owners of the corporation.Thanks.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let me know where I can purchase or order your oxy soap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. text me for info on how to order... 09153191588

      Delete
  3. Get a license to start your business and rent a small place, purchase necessary equipments like washers, dryers, coin machines etc. Market your laundry business among your friends and family first. Laundry owners do enjoy a unique set of advantages over other business investments. These are some of the prime steps to be taken while you are thinking of How to start laundry Business?

    http://mowares.com/uberx-laundry.php

    ReplyDelete